Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A creek in Arkansas

This isn't Rainwalker Mesa, it isn't even in NM but my brand new daughter-in-law took this picture in Decatur Arkansas right after a recent snow. She got some really good shots and one of my favorite pics to take myself is looking down a creek, stream or river and shooting.
So, way to go Nichole! I was going to put wedding pictures on here but I just can't bring myself to do it. I am not comfortable putting pictures of my children on the world wide web. I am too fearful of weirdos out there so if you are one of them please do not visit my blog again. There! Now maybe I can feel better about putting pictures of my kids on here. Maybe one day I will even be able to put grandkids on here....but not yet.
We did have a small smackering of snowfall yesterday morning. It looked like powdered sugar on a strawberry or cake or something like that. Today is cool but beautiful. It is supposed to get windy again by the end of the week. Last weekend the wind must have blown 50mph here but it is March in NM so don't complain, just hold on. April will get here and things will get back to the normal 20mph winds. I don't mind, we have a wind generator so it is just electricity to me but lots of folks don't like getting dirt in their teeth when they smile. And the chickens know it is March cuz they are laying better again. We are getting about 6-9 eggs a day and I can't sell them fast enough. One of us are going to have to go on a selling campaign. The price of feed went up (read the price of fuel went up) so we increased our egg price to $2.50 a dozen. This still beats store prices around here so it is a bargain. They are wonderful eggs and I think I will go make myself an omelet for breakfast. To-da-loo!

1 comment:

jerry & judi said...

We had big snow flakes on sunday here in Virgin also but its gone and in the 70's now. By the way do you deliver???? I could use some eggs! Thanks Chickens, next yr could you produce better in feb? ha