Saturday, March 29, 2008

SOOOO glad to have my hot tub back...

It's been 6 months almost to the day that I last emptied my hot tub and went to Arkansas for a week. I was supposed to fill it back up when I got home but I got curious to see how much different my electric bill would be without it running. One month ended up being 6 months but what I learned is that during the coldest months I spend an extra $30 on electricity to run it. I also learned that it is worth every penny. I have a muscle condition that most certainly benefits from the warm water. I only built a shower in this house b/c I had the tub outside so I have missed it muchly! You can see the door in the back round leading into the house. That is actually a bathroom door so that I can easily slip back into the house and dry off or whatever when it is cold. Today is March 29th and although it could be cold, wet or windy this time of year in the Datil Mountains it is sunny, warm and very nice to be outside. You can see I had my morning coffee out there. You can also see in the pic that there is a spout coming off the roof. Behind the fence is an 1100 gallon water tank that collects rain water. THat is what I filled the tub with yesterday. Cool huh? Well, that is where you will find me nearly every morning and many evenings now for just about the rest of my life!! I love it...

1 comment:

jerry & judi said...

How about a picture with you in it!!!!