Monday, June 1, 2009

house project


We built this house in 2005-06 and that gable end only ever got one coat of paint. As we were looking at it and finally getting ready to put on second coat we realized the siding had warped. Soooo, we put up new siding on Memorial day and then I started painting. The scaffolding is thanks to our great friends the Kennels. Unfortunately I cannot stand on the second story...I is afraid of heights but the way it is here is great.

The vestibule doorway here was an afterthought but still we had not finished it out so now it is finally painted. The rectangle above the door will eventually resemble a picture frame with some sort of welcoming sign. I was thinking of "Blessed Be all those that enter here" if I can fit all that in.

So, too bad I can't stand on the 2nd story of the scaffold. The right side of the window shows as far as I can reach. For some reason I feel better on the 25ft ladder. I will wait until later in the week when I can have someone here with me in case I fall and need someone to call 911 which takes about an hour to get anyone out here but hey...maybe I won't fall after all. I am gonna be really nervous about getting that peak done. I am hoping my hubby will have pity on me!!

1 comment:

jerry & judi said...

Hey it looks great!!! Like the way you did it around the door. Hey we did the second tier of the scaffold
at my house --remember? it is shakey tho, I agree with you--its a mans job!!!ha